What services do we provide?
Hand therapists are occupational therapists or physical therapists who have advanced training and experience to treat conditions affecting the hands, wrists and the upper extremity. A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is the credential recognized as the benchmark for excellence in the specialized care. At Mason City Clinic, the hand therapist works closely with the physicians to provide a continuum of care following injury, surgery, or conservative treatment and preventative care.
Common Conditions Treated
- Traumatic injuries such as fractures, sprains, strains, amputations, and tendon or nerve lacerations
- Arthritis and inflammatory diseases
- Nerve conditions such as carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Tendinitis and repetitive strain injuries
Common Procedures and Services
- Post-operative / post-injury care and rehabilitation
- Custom upper extremity splinting
- Wound and scar care
- Therapeutic exercise
- Joint protection techniques and instruction in activity modification
Our CHT has the skills and experience needed to treat virtually any upper extremity problem using specialized, hands-on manual therapy skills. She also works with our plastic and reconstructive surgery hand specialists and receives referrals from many different specialists in our network. We deliver compassionate, patient-centered care and convenience from one easily accessible location right here in Mason City.
To learn more about our Hand Therapy Service, please call 641-494-5210 today to schedule an appointment. Our hand therapy patients come to us from Charles City, Mason City, Algona, Iowa Falls and New Hampton.